About this resource
Choctaw children need stable, safe homes that honor the Choctaw culture and can keep their traditions alive until the children can return to their homes. If the children can’t return CFS looks for permanency for the child through adoption into a home that will maintain the child’s connection to their unique Choctaw heritage.
Choctaw Nation Foster Care and Adoption Services:
- Assist the family to obtain services needed.
- Provide cultural enrichment programs to foster/adoptive homes.
- Actively recruit within our service area for adoptive and tribal foster homes.
- Ensure that adoptive/foster care homes complete at least 12 hours of yearly continuing education in areas such as culture, parenting, foster care and adoption.
- You or your spouse must be an enrolled member of the Choctaw Nation.
- You can be single or married.
- You must be at least 21 years of age.
- You must have the emotional, physical, and financial abilities to provide for a child’s needs.
- You must submit to a search of all state and national criminal history records.
- You must ensure that no household member has a prior conviction of a sexual offense.
- You must attend pre-service training.
- You must ensure that no household member has confirmed child welfare history. You must provide information for a family assessment (home study)
Durant Tribal Headquarters P.O. Box 1210
Durant, OK 74702United States