On April 14th, 2021 FosterClub and Juvenile Law Center shared a live walk-through of implementation tools and resources highlighted on /OYPR. These tools will support child welfare leaders providing re-entry and aging out provisions, ETV, and providing direct financial assistance through Chafee funds outlined in the Consolidated Appropriations Act to bring significant support and relief to young people from foster care.
This webinar provided the following:
Summary & Updates
Developing a Flyer & Benefits Grid
Notifying Young People
Planning for Outreach
Direct Financial Assistance
Allowable Uses Chart
The Goal of this webinar is to create a peer learning community and highlight the resources to guide and support the implementation of the Older Youth Provisions in your state and jurisdiction to provide urgent support to young people from foster care.
1) Use this Flyer Template to inform young people of the services and support available to them through the Consolidated Appropriations Act.
2) Use this Youth Pandemic Support Grid template to communicate to young people in your state about how they can access the services they are looking for.
3) Use this Outreach Planner template to start/deepen your planning document for how you will conduct outreach to eligible young people. This Outreach Planner includes links to many resources for outreach/marketing strategies.
4) Decision Grid: Planning Direct Financial Assistance for states and jurisdictions to review as they begin the planning process for distributing direct financial assistance to young people in and from care.
5) Implementation Examples and Highlights from states to keep you informed and create a community of peer learning.
6) There are resources that you can utilize on fosterclub.com/oypr including a library of resources, federal program instruction from the Children's Bureau, and summaries of the Older Youth provisions in the Consolidated Appropriations Act.
The Supporting Foster Youth and Families through the Pandemic Act (H.R. 7947) became law as part of the Consolidated Appropriations Act on December 27, 2020 (PL 116-260). This law is intended to bring significant emergency relief to young people in and from foster care. Young people in and from care were instrumental in the passage of this law and it is critical that young people are involved in the implementation process.
Save the Date! Join us for our next Webinar Wednesday, April 21st at 4:00 pm ET for our next webinar.