We've made some changes to the All-Star Program Coordinator application this year.
If you are thinking, "Resume?! What if I haven't made one before? What if I don't have any work experience? What can I put on a resume to help me stand out?"
Don't worry, we've got your back! If you haven't made a resume before just be sure to consider the following:
- What advocacy activities are you involved with?
- Have you served as a member of Youth Advisory Board or Council? Have you held a leadership position on the youth board and what have you been working on?
- Have you shared perspective with foster parents, caseworkers, judges or others (CASA, GAL, etc)?
- Have you shared your story with other foster youth?
- Have you educated policymakers on foster care and the impact it has?
You can also describe your leadership and volunteer activities. Include specifics about the types of activities you participated in and the organizations that you worked with. Don't forget to list and describe any honors or awards that you have received!
For more information on building a resume check out this video:
Even more tips on building a resume with examples from The Balance Careers.
Feel free to reach out to us if you have any questions: email@example.com